Friday 19 March 2010

All lined up

I spent yesterday afternoon listening to a Hercule Poirot audiobook and doing lots of sewing - really lovely after a week filled with emails and packing and admin and other non-creative stuff.

I was working on goldfinch brooches and white & peach cherry blossoms which will become brooches and hairbands.


Whenever I make things in batches, I always line them up neatly. It gives me a real sense of progress as I work down the row adding the next felt shape, etc, and I love seeing them all lined up finished before I pack them away in my storage boxes.

I'll be sewing these onto brooch backs and hairbands this afternoon then it's on to the next thing in my wip box...

12 comments:

MitziMakes said...

They look so adorable all lined up like that! :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with MityiMakes!

marin said...

I totally do this too! I love seeing all the finished stuff lined up! These birdies are so dang cute! Great work! :)

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about lining up my productions, it really does give a sense of having been super productive! I line mine up in fives so I can count them at a glance! I love you blog! x

ROROISM said...

picture looked at dashboard as some ancient mosiaic or native indian ornaments - lovely :-)

Ana said...

hah! I misread "goldfinch" as "goldfish" and got all excited - thought you'd started making fish brooches. But have you thought about tropical fish? All those colours! I'm sure they'd come out just as beautifully as your bird brooches.

Allison said...

i love this photo! your creations look so pretty lined up like that.

Helen said...

I love these little birds. it makes me think of my brother's craze as a child and the RSPB books we had everywhere!

Islay said...

I LOVE Poirot, on TV and audiobook! How have I never thought to listen to audiobooks while I'm making things? Thanks for the reminder!

The felt goodies look lovely too, looking forward to seeing what's next in your WIP basket.

Ribs said...

I can see why you line them up like that - they look very satisfying indeed :)

Fiona said...

Your work is so neat. I just love it.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Glad to hear it's not just me who enjoys lining things up as I sew :)

Ana - thanks for the idea about the tropical fish. So many things to sew, so little time!